Kath is a highly regarded and experienced educational leader and accredited coach. She brings a dynamic, warm approach, wide-ranging experience and a deep knowledge of adult and student pedagogy to her role as coach for Growth Coaching International.
With experience spanning 30 years as a teacher and leader in both primary and secondary education, Kath knows that high quality professional learning is key to developing people who are able to inspire their teams to make a real difference and turn evidence into action. She leads by example, in 2018 receiving the Australian Council Educational Leadership (ACEL) Excellence in Leadership Award; in 2016 receiving an ACT Teaching and Leadership Award; and, presenting at an international conference. She has developed and delivered leadership and resilience programs for both government and community sectors. Additionally, she has developed and implemented Instructional Coaching programs within the education sector.
A passion for building capacity underpins Kath’s ongoing involvement in leading professional learning conversations and mentoring teams. She has extensive experience in leading the implementation of the Australian Curriculum in ACT schools and aligns practice with the AITSL Australian Professional Standard/s for Teachers/Principals to heighten relevance and currency.
Kath believes that by building leadership capacity in schools and organisations, passionate and skilled people create highly effective teams and sustainability around improving outcomes.
As a coach, her engaging and informative style, depth of educational experience, and ability to relate to others make sessions valuable and enjoyable.
Special Interest Areas
- Individual coaching and reflective competence of coaches
- Development of leadership capabilities
- Solution Focus approaches to change and leadership
- Building personal productivity
- Development of expertise in emotional intelligence, resilience, influencing skills and strategies
- Neuro Linguistic Performance coaching (NLP)
Education, Qualifications and Memberships
- Masters of Educational Leadership; Bachelor of Education; Certificate IV Assessment and Training
- Accredited GCI Coach
- EMCC Accredited Coach at Senior Practitioner Level Senior
- Accredited Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner
- Certified Adesso Practitioner: Wellbeing & Resilience
- Certified MSCEIT Practitioner: Emotional Intelligence: The Langley Group
- Accredited Strengths Profile Practitioner: The Langley Group
- Member, AITSL: Professional Growth Network
- Member, ACARA Curriculum Directors’ Group
- Member, The Australian Board of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Member, Australian Council for Educational Leaders (ACEL)
- Working with Vulnerable People (WwVP) registration