Jan has an extensive background in teaching and school leadership and is a founding director of The Education Group. She has over twenty-five years of experience working as a coach, facilitator, and researcher in schools in Auckland and across the country. She has worked with individual leaders, teams, and organisations in primary, intermediate, and secondary settings, both state and integrated.
Jan is an accredited professional learning and development provider and has has extensive experience and expertise in leadership, impact, and solution-focused coaching. She designs and delivers programmes, and works alongside schools, in the areas of senior and middle leadership, strategic planning, review and evaluation, local curriculum design, growth and development cycles, assessment and conflict resolution. Jan has recently been awarded Senior Practitioner status with the European Mentoring and Coaching Council.
Jan has a very deep understanding of schools, the challenges they face, and opportunities they have, through whānaungatanga, strengths-based and solutions-focused practices, to create learning environments in which everyone learns and thrives.
Education Qualifications Include
- Master of Education Administration (First Class Hons), Massey University
- Advanced Diploma of Teaching
- Solution Focused Business Professional Certificate, University of Wisconsin
- Accredited Growth Coaching International Coach
- European Mentoring and Coaching Senior Practitioner
Specialist Interest Areas
- Leadership and Team Coaching
- Coaching for Improved Teaching and Learning
- Integrating Coaching into Professional Growth Cycles
- Solution Focused Coaching
- Developing Coaching Cultures in Education Settings
- Strategic and Organisational Change and Development
- Culturally Responsive/Sustainable Pedagogy
- Curriculum Design
- Review and Evaluation
- Team Dynamics and Conflict Resolution