Edna is an accomplished coach and facilitator. She has extensive experience in education as a teacher, learning designer, instructional coach, and leader.
Edna’s passion for learning is evident in the workshops she presents, locally and internationally, through which she supports others to better understand themselves as teachers, learners and leaders. She is also an accredited workshop leader and global PD contractor for the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program.
Edna is known for leading innovative practice in education and her ongoing mission is to empower educators to be agents of change. She works towards this goal by engaging in one coaching conversation at a time, creating the space for others to build their own capacity.
For more than ten years, she has shared her vision for deep learning via her blog, What Ed Said.
Areas of strength and interest:
- Teacher development through coaching.
- Leadership coaching.
- Teacher and learner agency.
- Curriculum and learning design.
- Creating a culture of thinking.
- Meeting Wise - Facilitating effective collaborative meetings.
- Inquiry learning.
- The IB Primary Years Program.
- Building cohesive teams through a coaching approach.
- Change management