Dr Rose Blackman-Hegan
Rose has spent the majority of her professional life working in education and has experience in leadership and organisational development, as a well as coach, consultant and trainer. Formerly a secondary school headteacher, and most recently as a Director for a large educational charity in the UK leading on strategic design and delivery of leadership development programmes.
She has been widely involved in school-to-school support, school improvement and system leadership having worked on a number of national and international organisational and leadership development initiatives. She has wide-ranging experience of senior team development and coaching, including a keen interest in coaching woman in schools to support their leadership journey in progressing into leadership roles.
Her expertise lies in organisational development and leadership training through effective programme design, facilitation and coaching. Through her role at Growth Coaching International as UK Managing Consultant, Rose continues to enjoy working closely with colleagues in schools supporting their professional learning.
Education, Qualifications and Memberships
- Certified Coach with Growth Coaching International / EMCC Accredited / Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach
- MBTI Certified Practitioner
- PhD Knowledge Management. Comparative analysis of use of data in USA and UK schools
- National Professional Qualifications for Headship / Masters Educational Management & Leadership/Post-graduate Certificate in Education / Bachelor of Arts
Special Interest Areas
- Leadership Coaching
- Building teams using a coaching approach
- Strategy and change management
- Organisational development
- Coaching cultures for learning
- Programme design