Roween is a Director of The Education Group, a highly successful independent education consulting company based in Auckland New Zealand who works in partnership with Growth Coaching International.
Roween has a strong background in teaching and school leadership and has been a director of The Education Group since 2009. Prior to this, she was a leader and Principal in Primary Schools. She brings recent experience and expertise in all areas of school leadership and governance and works in education in a wide range of roles throughout New Zealand.
Roween is a Senior Practitioner with the European Mentoring and Coaching Council and a Growth Coaching International Accredited Coach. She has supported the development and delivery of a full range of coaching programmes and actively engages in implementing a coaching approach within schools and in Kāhui Ako across Aotearoa.
- Master of Educational Management (1st Class Hons) – The University of Auckland
- Diploma in Teacher Education – The University of Auckland
- Diploma in Teaching New Zealand Department of Education
- Auckland Teachers College Diploma
- Leadership: An Evolving Vision - Summer School - Harvard University Graduate School of Education
- Senior Practitioner - European Mentoring and Coaching Council
- Accredited Coach - Growth Coaching International
- ASB/APPA Travelling Fellowship – The Effectiveness of Professional Development
Special Interest Areas:
- Strengthening Leadership and Organisations
- Leadership and Team Coaching and Collaborative Inquiry
- Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Review and Change support
- Delivering high quality, differentiated professional development and learning
- Supporting Professional Learning Communities
- Design and delivery of curriculum, including developing effective pedagogical approaches
- Developing students as coaches
- Strengthening cultural capabilities
- Leadership Appointments