Paul Meacock has 42 years’ experience working in the public school system in Western Australia as a teacher, Education Officer, Principal, Principal Consultant, Director and for the past 10 years Assistant Regional Executive Director. These extensive roles have allowed Paul to impact on the education and lives of many children and build the capacity of teachers and principals with whom he has worked.
During his career he has high level facilitation experience through his Principal Consultant role with “WA First Steps” across Australia, USA and UK as well as Principal Consultant roles with Priority Schools Programme and Education Districts in supporting principals and executive teams in their leadership. As Director and Assistant Regional Executive Director, supporting and developing school improvement and leadership capacity of principals as well as facilitating principal and executive team development were key aspects of his roles.
Paul was trained and accredited by Growth Coaching International as an accredited coach in 2009 and he has used GROWTH coaching as a key strategy since then to support and develop leaders in schools. He has utilised this as a powerful means to engage leaders in significant and lasting development and change in their leadership practices and, as a result, impact positively on school improvement.
Special Interest Areas
- School Principal support and leadership development
- Executive team leadership development
- Facilitation of professional learning experiences
- Facilitation of strategic and problem-solving sessions
- Team and individual coaching and development
- Coaching and support of experienced and aspirant leaders
Education, Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Education
- Accredited Growth Coaching International Coach
- Past Fellow of WA Branch of Australian Council of Educational Leadership
- Bachelor of Arts majoring in Education