Kerry is an accredited coach with Growth Coaching International, facilitates the full range of Growth Coaching programmes within New Zealand and has completed coaching professional development to a Master Class level. Sher has also presented at national and international conferences on coaching and mentoring for teachers.
Kerry recently led a national research and development project on behalf of the New Zealand Ministry of Education focused on engaging families in education. She has also led Ministry of Education national evaluation projects that have monitored the effect of professional learning and development on teacher practice and outcomes for students.
Kerry is a founding Director of and consultant for The Education Group. Kerry’s professional background includes more than 40 years in the education sector in roles including coach and mentor, teacher, facilitator, researcher and principal.
In partnership with the New Zealand Education Council, she has developed professional learning programmes designed to enhance the capability of professional leaders to appraise and coach teachers. She has written material for the appraisal and coaching of professional leaders. Kerry has played a lead role in training the facilitators to deliver these learning programmes.
Kerry holds a Master of Educational Administration degree. Kerry is committed to her own ongoing development and works hard to stay up to date with current research and best practice.
Education Qualifications Include
- Master of Education Administration (Hons), Massey University
- Advanced Diploma of Teaching
- Accredited Growth Coaching International Coach
Specialist Interest Areas
- Leadership and Team Coaching
- Integrating Coaching into Professional Growth Cycles
- Solution Focused Coaching
- Developing Coaching Cultures in Education Settings
- Strategic and Organisational Change and Development
- Culturally Responsive/Sustainable Pedagogy
- Curriculum Design
- Review and Evaluation
- Team Dynamics and Conflict Resolution